Thursday, March 17, 2016

TRAVEL: Hong Kong & Shanghai

Shanghai- 360 degrees of jam-packed humanity

Just returned from two sleepless weeks through Asia. Found a little hobby time anyway. Gotta love Asian hobby shops!

I'm just a few days away from moving in to my new house! Very excited to set up a proper hobby space finally. In the meantime though, I put my fiance through hell of dealing with escrow solo while I ran around Hong Kong and Shanghai for work for two weeks. Not sure who got the better end of that deal.

I love hobby shops in asia though. Very focused and a lot of good stuff in usually very cramped quarters. I discovered a couple of new shops in Hong Kong this time and I think they'll be my official new go-to spots.


Minor haul this time. Some Tamiya clears, Vallejo face paint set, and some little MrHobby paint tins. I also picked up a Blake Griffin figure from Enterbay. Incredibly detailed figure. Pretty amazing quality. There's freaking veins subtly painted in the skin! Freckles! Pretty awesome. Unfortunately don't have better pics than this one below with a couple of Chicago losers blocking the view. Google them though. Pretty awesome. There's movie characters too if you're craving a $200 Bruce Lee in yellow jump suit.


Next week, hopefully a new shiny hobby space!

~Deet


No comments:

Post a Comment